Strollin' Through Bangkok

Sorry for the delay on the posts. The first hostel that I stayed in didn't have internet. I am now at another which has free wifi. I'm going to keep this short for now and upload some photos. I will write more tomorrow morning with more and more photos. Hold tight 'til then.


View from the hostel I'm currently staying in.


A few people I met at current hostel. Girl from Hong Kong. Guy from Taiwan. The other two are from England and I've been hanging out with them during the day and night.


I guess you would call this downtown Bangkok. A big shopping mall MBK, and various things to do. There was a Japan convention Saturday and Sunday which was interesting. Free seaweed!


MBK mall.






A few photos from a temple we visited. Still need to go to Grand Palace.











Kao San Road. A very touristy part of Bangkok with lots of westerners. A good place to stay though when I will eventually take the bus to travel North or South.

Entrance to hostel.


Out and about eating some yummy Thai food.


So I might have malaria judging by the hundreds of mosquito bites I've gotten on my feet and a few on arms and hands. I finally bought some repellant. I had some at the beginning of my travels but the airport personnel took it away. Every repellant had deet which I wanted to stay away from and I managed to find one with citronella.

There were many mosquitos in Japan and my host family and their friends would constantly get bit; I think I only got bit once or twice there. Thailand is a different story.

5 COMMENTS:

Aunt Karen said...

There seems to be a lot of English being used ... ?

Scott said...

that dude in red needs to learn how to pose in group photos. nice pics.

Justin is having his baby today, Sept. 1st.

D-LOC said...

a few observations

why are there so many hot pink cars?? your in Thailand right, not San Fran.

i second what Scott says, however, bobo the clown needs to smile and stop trying to look gangsta...

hope all is well

D-LOC said...

oh and i forgot, never good to start a paragraph with "so i might have mallaria....." lol hopefully they are just bites and nothing serious

mike schmitz said...

haha thats how the thais do it man. Bright pink is in right now.

Aunt Karen - There seems to be a lot of English in Bangkok which is definitely helpful. The locals can speak a little bit of English. Pretty easy to navigate thus far.

Post a Comment

YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!