Tokyo Fun
Ok it's time for a blog...it's been raining cats and dogs
.
I'm currently in Tokyo still. I just booked 4 nights at Ace Inn hostel. It's more like a capsule hotel though. Essentially I'm on a floor with about 24 other people. What we have to sleep in is basically a rectangular box. It measures 2.5 x 2.5 x 6 feet. As claustrophobic as this sounds it's actually pretty decent. My top bunk has a tiny shelf and a small light. The room is air conditioned so that's a plus and all of the capsules have a curtain for privacy. I sleep on a pad which is about 2 inches thick but actually more comfortable than the cheap spring matress I had at my prior place. The only bad part is the 100yen showers.
I decided to book for days to give enough time to hear back from some of the wwoofing hosts. I did finally hear from one today but it is written completely in Japanese, with most of it containing kanji. I will see if I can have the front desk translate it for me.
It's been pretty amusing to see the various English translations by the Japanese on things like instructions, directions, and other general info. Here are some of my favorites as I peruse the wwoof host listings:
I make a grape and a grape of the wine to eat in my vineyard. As for
the work, light work is often found. wwoofer which came can drink my
homemade wine.
I push forward the project of "the museum of the field" besides farming
and make the huts of the earth wall called the lump house now now.
It drinks and will you learn how to build and wisdom of Ca though it is
one, and erstwhile when it wants to build the house by yourself?
It is highest feelings that look at Hitsgehizumeyama in the presence
while entering the bathtub heated from beneath with a floating wooden lid which is pushed under the water by the bather made from everyone
I felt the second earthquake yesterday. I was in my capsule and the whole building started to sway back and forth for about a minute.
A strong earthquake struck off the south coast of Japan on Sunday night local time, "jolting Tokyo and wide areas of eastern Japan," the country's Kyodo news agency reported.

The 7.1 earthquake hit 200 miles (320 kilometers) south-southwest of Tokyo at 7:55 p.m. (6:55 a.m. ET), the United States Geological Survey reported
Quite a fun ride.
Apparently Japan has earthquakes all the time and I know that they have reinforced structures for such events, especially on newer buildings such as this. Whether it be ball bearings on the floor, a rubber core, etc. I watched a special not too long ago on new engineering specifically for earthquakes. Was pretty interesting.
Well that's all for now. I'll leave you with some photos and videos below! Thanks for being patient!
Ok so it's just a few videos for now. I will update with pictures later today I promise. The videos below might seem boring. They were taken while traveling on the Shinkansen. It's good to see the different buildings though and people. Hope you enjoy.
2 COMMENTS:
It's always good to hear from you again after a dry spell! The videos look like they could have been taken from a train anywhere -- does it feel like a small world?
Sorry for the delays! I know, there's not much distinguishing it from any other city really...it feels like a small world when you get into the industrialized nations with the cost saving architecture so that everything looks the same. You have to look for the subtle differences. Hoping to see more of the rural side soon...
Post a Comment
YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!