Welcome to Dubrovnik



I'm currently sitting on some stone stairs with my back against a stone wall inside the city that is surrounded by walls. Not the most comfortable of blogging conditions but I'm doing my best to get these out daily. We are staying in the 'Old Town' of Dubrovnik which is the section that is completely surrounded by walls and looks like a fortress. Definitely a different aesthetic appeal having come from an island to an old city like this. We leave Sunday evening to head for Spain. Hope you enjoy some of the photos.


Driving through the beautiful Croatian countryside

I forget what beach this is but it's apparently one of the most
beautiful ones in the world? I'll have to update this...comment
if you know!



Not sandy but scattered with smooth white rocks.


Croatian lakes. Three in close proximity.

Along the way we spotted numerous little towns like these nestled
along the Adriatic Sea



Welcome to Dubrovnik.

3 COMMENTS:

dgremban said...

Mike, Croatia looks awesome. I see that you're going to Madrid on the 12th. Pamplona is only a 5 hour drive away... Running of the Bulls. Have a good one, my friend.

Grandma Gini said...

Mike - your Aunt Karen gave me your "traveling" address. Glad to hear you're getting around the way you are.! The world is a beautiful place. I think we were in Dubrovnik some 30 years ago.

Love, Grandma Gini

mike schmitz said...

Thanks for checking in Grandma. I hope all is well. Keep watching for more updates!
Love
Mike

Dan - I think the running of the bulls occurred last week and I believe someone got gored to death if I'm not mistaken. Don't work to hard friend!

Post a Comment

YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!