Off to Dubrovnik


Walking around in Istanbul and then taking the light rail
closer to Asian Turkey.

This was the tea that we saw everyone drinking. I finally
figured out what it was and was eager to get one. The cay, pronounced
chai was only about 50 cents US and delicious.

One of the days we hopped onto a ferry over to Princess Island.
I thought this was a great photo showing the battleships and submarine
and a small fisherman right in between them.
The island itself was pretty nice. Vehicular public transportation is banned on the
island so there were tons of these horse drawn carriages. We left the island on a sour
note after finishing a meal at a not so nice restaurant. As soon as we sat down they
essentially brought us out appetizers which were not free. Very unfriendly service
accompanied the 'service charge,' which they also sprang upon us when we received our bill.
The service charge which was randomly charged when we ate in Turkey and is pretty much like
a tourist tax. I don't enjoy paying a random automatic gratuity for poor service.

This was the view from Ali Babba, the restaurant that I will never eat at again.
Airport at Bratislava, our layover between Turkey and Croatia.
View from our balcony in Hvar during the middle of the night.

Out and about having a few drinks.
We awoke at 5am today, hopped on the ferry to Split, and Scott and I are currently awaiting
for Curtis and Ejiro to arrive with the rent-a-car. From here we drive down through Bosnia to
Dubrovnik. Stay Tuned-!
0 COMMENTS:
Post a Comment
YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!