It's all Greek to me

Athens is quite hard to navigate. Mostly everything is in Greek and even when you find a street name written in English it still sometimes won't correspond to the map you're looking at. I've still managed to find my way around and the metro is pretty straightforward. Apparently there is construction for the metro going to the airport so I'll have to take the bus from Syntagma, which is close by, as I did when I arrived here.

I'm resting up today and planning out my next stops. I will be leaving Athens tomorrow the 23 at 11pm and will be arriving in Cairo at 1am. Another airport in which I'll have the privilege of staying at. I'm working on arrangements right now for a hostel/hotel. I'll probably stay in Cairo for no more than 5 days. I hear it's not the best place in the world but it's cheap and plenty of sights to see. I hope to see of course the great pyramids and the sphinx at least. I've been reading that the people of egypt are notorious for trying to rip you off, especially with camel rides. My plan of course is to take a camel to the pyramids :). I'm working on tips and tricks - thank god for the internet. I figure that if I agree to a price before hand and make it known that that is all that I have that I should be in good shape.

It's been quite interesting being in places where the sun sets past 9pm.

From Cairo I'm currently undecided as to what I'm going to do. Right now I think I'm going to head to India starting in Mumbai. I plan on taking a train over to Calcutta which is about a 36 hour train ride. They have different classes for the cabins and I will definitely not book a cheap one :). From India I would like to go to Japan. I'm working on connections as I would like to tutor English for a few months there but I'm not sure how feasible that is. There is much planning to do.

I will post photos tomorrow. I'm getting up early to go do some adventures and then return, take a shower and check out of this place at 12am and do some more roaming before hopping the bus back to the airport. Hope all is well with you. Enjoy the USA :)

1 COMMENTS:

Mom said...

Michael the train sounds great and you will see a lot while riding. Get a cabin with a bed so you can go in and sleep. Remember the Purvis Family did that coming here from N.Y. and they loved the trip.

Post a Comment

YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!