Cairo
In Cairo right now. The cairo airport was pretty crazy. I arrived a little after 1am and proceded to the passport check. There were a ton of people, mostly islamic, right on top of each other trying to make it through the lines. The whole time there was this security guard yelling at everyone to stay in single lines. It was quite interesting and surprising to say the least. Once I made it through the checkpoint I was immediately bombarded by men soliciting their taxi service. I politely declined and made my way to Terminal 3...which is the new good terminal. So far I've probably been asked if I need a taxi about 100 times.
At the good terminal which is actually quite nice, but no vending machines whatsoever, I did my best to pass the time. I emailed the hostel place about three times because they were supposed to pick me up from the airport for free but after being in this place I realized they probably don't use the computer. So around 7am I hopped on the shuttle bus which was extremely overcrowded and rode over to the bus station. From the bus station I eventually found the right bus, with the help of a local. I made it to the stop and walked about half an hour before finally finding The Canadian Hostel. I chose not to take a taxi because the guy offered it for 75 egyptian pounds (15 us dollars). Of course I could have gotten it lower but why not take the bus for only TWO ep.
Ok gotta sign off for now. I think I'm going to visit the pyramids tomorrow. More pictures to follow...actually they'll have to wait because there is no wifi so I have to use their computer. Until then...
2 COMMENTS:
Congrats to you for having the guts to do it solo. My nephew Jonathan (Scotty's cousin) went to Cairo and visited the pyramids a few years back. He had fun. I think you've got a good head on your shoulders and you'll be fine. Enjoy :)
PS: What is this about Scotty going to India next year?? My husband Kenny was in New Delhi last year and he wasn't too thrilled about being there. Think it over twice before going to India.
Thanks Nelly for your words on going to India.
Think it over three times Michael before going
to India. I'll e-mail you. Love you.
Post a Comment
YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!