Oh, the humidity!

I am constantly drenched in sweat and yes, I know, this is extremely sexy but also pretty uncomfortable. It'll take a few days to acclimate and in the meantime I'm replenishing my fluids with tasty local brews.

The beers are about 2/3 the size of a normal beer. And the only domestic/imported beer I've seen is Heineken. Also keep in mind the prices are in Caribbean Dollars...do you think I'd spend $3.75 on this??..ok maybe


Everything is so lush and green as you would expect but also adds to the near 100% humidity 24/7. I'll be taking some more photos today to give a better idea of what the island is like and how it functions rather than describing it right now. Until then I leave you with an interesting find I came across right outside of Amy's apartment...




Many of these guys around...before you get excited, they are strictly hemp. Which, by the way, is an extremely versatile and efficient plant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

5 COMMENTS:

Dan Marca said...

make me a hemp necklace!

mike schmitz said...

haha coming right up

Cousin Ed said...

Hello Mike,

Hey buddy, how you doing? Hold please.....more to come.......

Elisa said...

are you getting paid by a pro hemp organization? if not you should be, who knew hemp was so fascinating?!?!

mike schmitz said...

Ed - You did not ask if you could place me on hold!

Elisa - I am actually endorsed by PHA (pro-hemp of america). Thanks for taking note of my cause!

Post a Comment

YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!