O-SA-KA
I finally got into a hotel today that has reliable internet. Funny you would think that Japan many different access points and LAN internet that actually works. I booked another three nights at a different place here in Osaka. It's cheap enough here and I figure it's a good central location in which to take the JR to other parts of the country. For right now I will leave this as a short post and will follow up with more in the morning..
Cairo Follow-up

This was the Museum of Cairo which I mentioned in a previous post. On the right is one of the guards that was at the museum. When you first step off the plane into Cairo the first thing you notice are the soldiers holding their fully automatic MP5s. Not the most welcoming image. These guards are everywhere throughout Cairo, stationed at different posts along the streets.
This was the Canadian Hostel in Cairo. Not too bad of a place and good people there.
Finally into Japan. A view from my room at Garden Hotel Narita.

I took my first Shinkansen, or bullet-train, from Tokyo into Osaka. The trains move very fast, although you don't notice it, and are extremely comfortable. The seats are like that of an airplane but bigger, more comfortable, and with much more leg room.
On the left is what I guess to be a huge apartment complex. I saw of few of these while riding the train. Does not look to be the most appealing place to live.
Their vending machines are far superior to ours. Normally with most machines in America your options are soda and maybe if you're lucky, one button for water. The vending machines like this are everywhere that I've been to so far. There is only one selection for a small can of coke. Most of the other selections include many types of water, teas, coffee drinks, and vitamin supplement drinks. All for 150 Yen of less which is roughly $1.60.
3 COMMENTS:
Michael, is the an ATM machine next to the vending machines?
Let me correct myself: Is that an ATM machine next to the vending machines? Maybe I should preview! LOL
haha no, no cards allowed. 1000 yen max.
Post a Comment
YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!