struck by lightning
Tuesday I woke up to quite an unpleasant sound. It was my day to commute to the airport to head out to Dominica and of course there was lightning and thunder. I was unable to sleep nearly the entire night and only got about an hour of rest. I had my alarm set for 3:00am but decided to just get up at 2:45. Hearing thunder is one thing but to actually hear the lighting strike is another. My cue to get up. It was extremely loud and pouring outside; I was super excited. I got ready and headed out to stand in the rain and wait for the bus. Ten minutes went by and I stayed patient. Twenty minutes went by and I started to to get anxious. Standing in the rain with 50 lbs of gear on your back is a good time, I highly recommend it. At this point I called up a taxi to see what it would cost. $80 plus toll to get to jfk and I think $45 plus toll to get to port authority to then take the subway. Luckily I'm extremely cheap, denied the taxi service, and about 10 minutes later the bus finally came.
I rode the bus to the port authority, hopped across the street to the subway and took the A to howard beach to then hop on the Airtrain. My flight was departing at 6:30 and I think I got to the American Airlines gate at 6:00. Time to bypass all the lines which all the suckers who arrive early sit in. ... This is usually what happens, not by choice, when I have a plane to catch. Don't blame me, I walk slow.
I caught the plane and headed into San Juan, Puerto Rico. I got off and desperately needed a cup of coffee. Below is the miniature coffee that I got from the 'quick stop' stand. Of course when I walked more through the airport eventually I saw a Starbucks...
0 COMMENTS:
Post a Comment
YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!