TRAVEL ITEMS



CLOTHES
___________________________



ExOfficio ExO Dri Zip Cricket Shirt $30









The North Face Syncline Shirt $35






Sportif Maddox Fleece Henley $20








Gordini Silk Weight Underwear Crew $15





Columbia Silver Ridge II $40







Columbia Utilizer II $35






Duo Dry C9 Champion shirt $8




____________________




White Sierra Convertible Trail Pants $30





The North Face Paramount (already had)









Gordini Silk Weight Long Underwear $15






REI Adventures Pants $25





_______________________



REI Merino Wool Light Hiker - Low - $5ea (two pair)





Goldtoe Aquafx moisture management socks (3 pair) $6





Keen Lisbon $38 (normally $100)...look decent and feel great. Should be good walking shoes.




Duo Dry C9 Champion Boxers $5ea (3 pair)








GEAR
________________________________




$10







$19 cotton travel sheet






$30..opted for the smaller messenger/daypack





Packing cubes...help organize inside pack $18






Neck Pouch..Might just use this instead of wallet. Opted for this over a 'money belt' as I've read that the money belts are not the most convenient to use $20






ASUS Eee PC. $349 and seems to have great review on Amazon. 10" Screen should be plenty big enough. $350




$125...this seems to also have the best reviews. Has a lot of manual settings which I'm looking for and not as big as a DSLR or as tiny as a pocket point-and-shoot. Will also take my current fujifilm camera for a back-up.




Braun Electric pocket shaver...$17 and use rechargeable batteries




Need zip ties to lock my bags...i was thinking about the TSA locks which allow the airliners to open the bags with a special key however I figured that if they have some universal key who's to say someone from a foreign country doesn't have the same key. i guess i will zip tie them at the various airports and then lock them with a secure lock once i get the bag from claims..




Here's the backpack I purchased the other day online. It should definitely be of adequate size. I'm pretty sure it's one of the biggest ones on the market. That also makes me worry a bit. I have to be sure not to overpack because lugging 30+lbs for long periods of time will end up killing me. The front of the pack has a convenient small day pack which I'm sure will definitely come in handy. I should be receiving this tomorrow and will work on outfitting it with appropriate locks and also work on degrading the appearance so that it doesn't look brand new (eg adding duct tape).
..A tip I read so that you don't stand out like wealthy tourist.




Decided on going with the Osprey Porter 46L. After extension reading I gave into substantially downsizing my pack, essentially cutting the volume in half. The nice thing about this new pack is that it is the max carry-on size for flights. I am much more relieved having purchased this new pack and won't have to deal with the feeling of having an 800 lb gorilla on my back.





Kleen Kanteen. Will probably get the larger size 40oz i think. $17







Coffee Cooker..submersible device to heat up liquids. Should be useful for cleaning clothes and I believe it will also boil water. Costs about $15




I might opt for the fully submersible one. This sells for $5 on amazon so I might just get both...
http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Products-559-Portable-Immersion/dp/B000I8VE68 $14 (for two)






I should probably get a few water purification tablets for needing water on the fly, however I assume for the most part that I will be boiling the water in a system similiar to Andys (hobotraveler).





Elastic Clothesline. Eliminates the need for clothespins, is durable, and should have multi $12




Apparently you need a sleep sack(like a thin sleeping bag) when you stay in a hostel. Should be lightweight and store easily so I might as well get one. Also, I could use on beds which seem to be in less than sanitary conditions. Quick search on amazon didn't pull up too many. I'm guessing they're $30 tops?





Stuff sack pillow...or something. Basically turn it inside out, fill it with clothes, and use as a pillow. Minimal weight. Costs only $12.50 at REI of all places..





A wallet with chain like this and a money belt which has majority of money ON you. Very little cash in the wallet itself..



Platypus water container. Similar to the container found in camelback. Good for form fitting inside of a travel pack and can put boiling water in it. $8



Light My Fire Eating Utility...What's better than a Spork? The spoon and fork on opposite sides with a serrated edge for a knife! I can't help thinking that this looks like a child's toy though... $10 (for 4-pack)



***Deciding NOT to go with this...I figure I'll have plenty of time to acquire things where I'm going so I'll just buy a cheap converter when I get into whichever country. Funny how there can't be a universal voltage/converter in the world as the norm..pretty ridiculous.

Travel Adapter. I figure this is better than carrying multiple adapters, and it has good reviews on Amazon.



1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

The most exciting thing to happen at LPL today is that we had a thunderstorm. Yes, a Thunderstorm with rain in San Diego.

Keep on trucking!!!!

oh yeah, and this exciting psycho babble from HR!!!

Earlier this year, managers and employees across LPL Financial met to establish individual performance goals that support our corporate goals. Because we are nearly halfway through 2009, we wanted to remind you to complete a mid-year review to verify that you’re on track to meet your goals or to make adjustments should business needs or circumstances have changed.

Post a Comment

YAY! I Love To Hear From You...The Easiest Way Is To Select Name/Url and Then Type Your Name and None.com !!!